Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Recollection & Piano

Yesterday Jonah and I went to an Opus Dei morning of Recollection for women in Hollywood, Florida. I was invited to go by another mom who lives on our street, and I thought I'd give it a try. It was held at St. Bernadette's Catholic Church and consisted of spiritual reading, a meditation given by a priest, silent prayer, confession, and small group. It was wonderful, and Jonah did great. He and I sat in the back of the church, which was carpeted, and he played on the floor on a blanket. A couple times I walked around with him in the back, but I could still hear the meditation. The other women there were so friendly and helped out whenever I needed them. I was able to go to confession and spiritual direction to an awesome priest Fr. Chris. He was wonderful. We got home around 2:30 in the afternoon, so it was a busy day! Jonah is more tired today than usual, but that's to be expected. We'll get back on schedule.

Luke is still very busy with work, interviews, meetings, etc... He has a basketball game tonight at 6pm, so I'll probably walk over there with Jonah to watch a little bit of it. Other than that, we don't have too much going on. Now for the pictures...

Dinnertime!

Jonah is eating mainly carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash these days

And loving it

We've been singing and playing the piano every night after dinner, and Jonah is really enjoying it. He actually makes lots of noises while we're singing...

This morning before the work day began

Enjoy, have a great day, and love to all of you!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Anna, that is so cute how Jonah holds onto your hand while you are playing. :-)

Unknown said...

Anna, will you do that with me when I come down there?