Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ave Idol

Even though I've already posted today, I just have to do a separate post on Ave Idol, which I attended last night while Luke stayed home with Jonah. So, this little event is based on the show American Idol, of course, and three of the students played the judges Randy, Paula, and Simon. They were hilarious. And the singers... oh my goodness, they were so funny. They were required to lip sync, and everyone did a great job. I really enjoyed watching and thought I'd share it with you guys. Here are some pics and two videos.


This was the first group to go... they were awesome!

I couldn't believe this act. The two guy RDs (who both work for Luke), Casey and Brandon, dressed up as Sonny and Cher. They sang "I Got You Babe." I couldn't get really clear pictures from where I was sitting, but what a laugh!

Now for the videos... this first one is a group of guys who did a medley of songs. They danced to all of them, and they were pretty darn good.


I nearly fell off my chair laughing at this one. The taller guy is the president of his class, and he's hilarious. This group did get a harsh critique from the judges as they didn't sing at all. But it was awesome- you can tell the crowd is having a blast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a hilarious idea! I love it! It would have been so fun to watch.

Angela said...

Andrea and I laughed so hard at the Irish dancing video. That looked like so much fun.