Friday, April 24, 2009

The Life of a Mother

The other day, in the afternoon when I was making dinner, I stopped to change Jonah's very messy diaper. Since he had gotten poop all over his outfit, I thought I'd take it off, and as I reached under his arm my entire finger suddenly felt very warm all over. When I pulled it out, it was covered in a very messy smelly substance. At the same time, the steaming carrots in the kitchen started to boil over. Then I heard the phone ring, but I was trying to hold wiggly wild-man Jonah down without smearing poop all over his arms. I found myself sitting on the floor, trapped by a very small child, and laughing out loud. Later on when the storm blew over (aka. when Luke came home and wisked Jonah off to the bathtub) Maria called and asked why I didn't pick up the phone when she called. Such is the life of a mom.

Now for today's pictures...

Still reading

The tupperware tops are a big hit

After a hard day's work, it's time for some fun

Last night we had some girls over for dinner to thank them for watching Jonah a couple times. A game of corn toss followed dinner. Here's Corinne waiting her turn and Stephanie winding up for the big toss.
Here's Luke looking on and Sarah laughing it up

While Jonah and I cheered everyone on (but mostly Luke)

One of the neighborhood kids joined the audience, and he was the first of several spectators.
"Mommy, this isn't a good time for a picture. I just woke up."

It didn't take him long to wake up

Here's a cute one. They do this every day when Luke gets home from work. Enjoy, have a great day, and love to all of you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great video! It's so fun to hear him laugh.

Angela said...

I love how he laughs. Boy, does Jonah have fun with his dad!