Friday, May 21, 2010

Caleb Joseph

The time has finally arrived... Caleb is here! He was born on Wednesday, May 19th, at 9:23 in the morning. He weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 inches long. It was a very quick labor. My contractions began around 7:00 in the morning, my water broke right before 8:00, and we were in the car on our way to the hospital shortly after that. It was a very uncomfortable ride to the hospital, but Luke got to drive really fast and even go through a couple red lights. I'm sure it's a car ride we'll never forget!

I was in the delivery room a few minutes after 9:00, and Caleb arrived on the scene right away, almost before the doctor came! Here are a bunch of pictures and videos from the first few days of Caleb's life outside the womb.

We had several visitors the first evening... Grandpa, Grandma, Jonah, Dan, Bridget, and Julie...

Caleb meets his Godfather, Dan

While Grandma held Caleb, I got to have Jonah in the bed with me!

A proud Grandpa

And Grandma...

I've already gotten a lot of use out of the nursing cover that Mary Ellen made for me! Thanks, Mel! :)

Right after the delivery...

What a cute little guy

And a proud daddy

"Caleb, I can't believe I'm already holding you. We JUST got to the hospital!"

This picture reminds me of one of the first pictures we took of Jonah.



He just can't get enough of his second son!

What a whirlwind of a morning!

This was my very first look at him.

Okay, here are a bunch of videos that we took. I can't remember if I have them in order or not, and some are shorter than others. Also, I think there are a couple that came out sideways, but you can still see what's going on. We hope you enjoy them. Welcome, Caleb!








6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Caleb Joseph is just beautiful! We absolutely loved the pictures and videos. Thank you so much for sharing them with us! We can't believe he was sucking his thumb already! He is so cute.

Mom Condit said...

These pictures and videos are wonderful. Anna looks absolutely radiant right after delivery! Luke and Anna have another beautiful son. I can't believe how active he is and sucking his thumb already!
It was fun seeing Grandma and Grandpa helping out with their grandkids.

Angela said...

Anna, you looked wonderfull right after the delivery. I still can't believe he came that fast. Cableb is just beautiful. I loved Luke's commentary on his toes! Congratulations, Luke and Anna, on another beautiful son!

The Frain Family said...

You look great Anna! Congratulations to you all. Caleb is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Yay! He's finally here. Anna definitely doesn't look like she just went through labor. It must have been a breeze. :) Lots of excitement in the Condit household. We're sad to miss out on it but glad to see some pictures!

Jen Raiche said...

Congratulations! May God bless these days as you negotiate life with two beautiful boys! Peace!