Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Grand Old Flag

Jonah and I were both sick over the past week... it was a rough one, but we're on the mend now. We stayed cooped up in the house for days, just trying to take it easy and get rest. On Monday, though, we took a little excursion to Sanibel and it did us all some good! It was a beautiful day, nice and breezy, and we got to see Luke's parents and grandmother, as well as some aunts and uncles, even a couple cousins. It was fun.

Before I share the pictures from Monday, I want to tell you about Jonah's latest obsession... flags. When we were on the way to Naples the other day, I was trying to find things outside to point out to him so the drive would go quickly. I saw a flag, so I pointed it out and sang the song "You're a Grand Old Flag." For the rest of the drive, every single time Jonah saw a flag he'd say "Again. Again." Needless to say, I sang that song all the way there and all the way home. Then the next day I was standing in the kitchen, and Jonah was looking at one of his books- he started saying "Again" and when I looked in the book he was pointing to a flag. Go figure- the little guy didn't forget! I don't know how many of you watched the Masters golf tournament this past weekend, but you can imagine how it went down in our house. Jonah didn't miss one flag on the green, and I had to sing "Grand Old Flag" at every stroke. Now when we hear Jonah say the word "again" there's no doubt about it... a flag is close at hand.
Here are a bunch of pictures from our time in Sanibel on Monday. We spent most of the day at Grandma Condit's house. This was right before we left for home... Pop and Jonah out on the deck.
With Grammy and Pop...
Jonah was intrigued with the spiral staircase!
An old picture of Larry and his four siblings that was found at their mother's house...
Since it doesn't happen too often that they're all together, a re-enactment was a must!

Here's Pop, Daddy, and Jonah out by the pool... check out that beach ball!
I think it's safe to say that even after all these non-swimming months, Jonah hasn't lost his love for the water.
Seeing as he couldn't get all the way in, he worked at getting every appendage wet.



Here are some pictures out on the pier in Sanibel. Jonah loved it!












This was last week during one of our sick days...






5 comments:

Angela said...

It's so nice to see some pictures and videos again. Glad you are both feeling better!

Unknown said...

We've missed the blogging! Glad everyone's finally feeling a little better!

mom said...

What a beautiful family gathering...I know just how Grandma felt with all her children together..that is the best!

Good to see Anna and Jonah feeling better and Luke taking a break from work and studying....warms my heart to see you enjoying the day with family.

Andrea said...

I love the video of Luke looking for Jonah! That really made me laugh! Thanks for posting!

Mary Ellen said...

Loved it all! So glad you guys are feeling better! i loved the videos of hide and seek and the pool!! and i love the flag story....haha...keep singing anna!:) miss you guys!!