Monday, July 20, 2009

Jersey Shore

Hey guys, we arrived in New Jersey yesterday around 2pm. We will be staying at the Jersey Shore all week long with the Condit side of the family. All of Luke's aunts, uncles, and cousins are here in celebration of Grandma Condit's 85th birthday. I guess it's been 13 years since the entire family has gotten together like this, and even then not everyone was there, not to mention the family has grown since then. Now I have met everyone on Larry's side of the family, so that's great.

After we had dinner last night, Luke and I took Jonah down to the edge of the ocean. He loved it and showed us his excitement and curiosity by pointing at the water and the large waves coming in. When we stooped down to let him feel the water, though, he started crying as soon as a wave came in. I guess the ocean is a little scary. It's a touch bigger than the bathtub. He's napping right now, and as soon as he wakes up, we're going to take him down to the beach again. We'll see how he does this time. One thing... he is certainly curious about the sand. When we stand him up on the sand, he stares down at it wondering what is covering his cute little toes.

Unfortunately, I cannot post any pictures this week. I thought I would be able to, but I forgot the cord that connects our camera to the computer. You will have to settle for the kind of pictures painted by the written word!

You're all in our thoughts and prayers. Love you. :)

1 comment:

mom said...

Wish we could see but I have a great imagination! I tried calling you but I don't know if you have your cell. Call us sometime when you get a chance. We are at the girls now. Sounds like you are all having a great time. Say hi to everyone for us.